Wednesday, June 11, 2008

P3!

Dear Readers

Alright. before even more pictures - and before tkwek leaves for SNYO CAMP! - here's a parting poem. Do read the picture post below too! PLEASE (:

Recently, tkwek's started talking to his p3 classmates again, and after extensive blog-searching and other sleuthing methods, tkwek has found a number of them and thus is (within reasonable limits) happy!

Here's a poem about going back to P3

And yes, any of you GSPS 3.9 '03 ers, if you're reading this, lidan and i want to plan a reunion who's keen? and can we contact everyone else? does anyone have a class list? X) Thanks!!

memory.
The Straight Times Editor

Back to the past

I stepped into the classroom and warm currents greeted me,
I stood there for a moment taking all that I could see –
This very room of fate and love and lasting memory,
I last worked in, I last played in, when I was just P3…

I felt the whiteboard tried the chairs – there was so much to do,
This stark and empty classroom never felt so hip, so cool –
I thought I’d left this room behind when I’d transferred out of school,
But now I think, wheree’er I go, this room must come along too…

So much I’d give to hear the jokes that sprang in these four walls,
So much I’d give to feel the sweat to sweep these very floors –
And yes I know! When this bell rang we charged out of this door,
I wish I could – return in time – be nine forevermore…

My ears ring with nicknames I thought I’d never hear again,
My eyes see children cry and play in sunshine or in rain –
My heart feels those deep bonds we had – to feel each other’s pain,
To feel each other’s thoughts – sadly these bonds we don’t maintain…

As we grow older there is that chance I’ll never see those faces,
As we grow distant I may not read my once-best-friend’s grimaces –
And even mem’ries don’t last for long, the passage of time erases,
So now before it’s late let’s meet – we haven’t met in ages!

No comments: