Tuesday, March 24, 2009

timeless.

Dear Readers, 

tkwek is tired!

The Straight Times Editor



A Timeless Memory

Through the eyes of a mute youth who remembers the love of his Mother. 

Crystallized in time, and the
thought-space of my soul –
there lies a golden mem’ry of
a medley’s silver flow:

A song my Mother taught me
as I lay within her arms –
a song of gilded palaces,
of cheer and candy charms:

Of teardrops turned to diamonds
in the glittering of the light –
of noble hearts that glowed the dusk
like cats’ eyes in the night:

A song that oh, I’d give the world
to sing its precious words –
to put to sound the same notes that
elude the finest birds:

But ‘tis not for me, whom blessings shun
to ask God for one thing –
the voice He gave to others, without
which I cannot sing:

I am content that He bequeathed
to me a loving Mother –
who gave me more than words could speak,
as friend and counselor:

Now her wind-chime alto lies
faltering, silent, yonder –
Yet her song is with me still,
bittersweet, painful, tender.

Let the cry of one who cannot
speak in gentle silence hang –
Let the mem’ry live again,
of the song I never sang.

No comments: