Friday, October 03, 2008

on counselling

Dear Readers,


It must be said that during theokwek's meager years he has had a slice of experience with counseling - and to mixed results, but in the process he has learnt much and made many new friends. recently some have had problems, and here is a reflection of wearied thoughts. (finally, a rhyming piece).

When minutes turn to days and years,
You turn again to wipe my tears,
We dream once more on childhood dears
and wish away our fears - 

The Straight Times Editor


In Conversation

‘Tis mercy sweet that I may hear
The woes that plague my friends,
I thank the Lord for list’ning ears
That sound these songs of men.

I read the dreams of silent thoughts,
Listen to chords of pain;
They speak to me of inner faults,
Of bitter, slicing rain.

Each heart a heart of forgone joy,
A quilt of tearing seams,
Each mind I see a forlorn mind,
A falcon without wings.

The strength they ask, the strength I give
Are worlds and years apart –
They need the courage to believe
In someone else’s heart.

To calm disquiet souls is skill
With which I am not blest,
And thus pray I for words that heal;
For Words to grant them rest.

No comments: