Writers' block
Dear Readers!
I have to admit, it has been ages since the last issue of the Straight Times. This, regrettably, has been due to the high incidence of school-related stress cases that tkwek is suffering from. Also, there happen to be sparks flying, and once again, he who is caught in the middle must be the firefighter (: But it's a wonderful experience.
With all the exams piling in, it's inevitable that the writing pores get clogged sometimes. here's WRITERS" BLOCK, composed on one such evening. enjoy!
and yes, the rhythm IS slightly syncopated.
and round and round we go
The Straight Times Editor
Writers' Block
Stuck in front of a blank piece of paper,
Thinking that this could go on forever,
Writing like I’d been used to but never
Expecting to catch this brain-stumping fever.
The words abandoned, thrashed and disowned me,
Leaving a chasm, a mirthless cavity,
Escaping through pores in relentless flurry
Like jailbirds waiting for the day’s last ferry.
I ranted and raved and ate a novel,
Cried in desperation and killed a camel,
Yet no word came – no perfect jewel
Filled my heart; only betrayal.
But you see without words I cannot subsist,
In writing they befriend me and this I insist,
However much I’ve tried to resist
Writing, these words, with me exist.
Woe, woe, of all wordless strife,
I am as a bee that has wrecked its hive,
A man who has lost his new-found wife –
And no words come!
I have thrown my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment