Hey there!
dear readers,
theokwek follows up sunday's poem with another poem, not a case study on a group of people, or on himself, but what he sees in people that he meets randomly around. THIS POEM WAS INSPIRED BY THE MANY PEOPLE THEOKWEK HAS MET, OR HAVE GOTTEN TO KNOW MUCH BETTER, SINCE THE MARCH HOLS (:
Anyway, i'll cut the crap. here's the poem, affectionately - alright, i take that back - named "You"!
Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life ,
Laughter rinses from the heart all traces of hate and strife!
The Straight Times Editor.
You.
I know I’ve met you somewhere,
I’ve got that funny feeling – why!
But where or when or who or how,
I just can’t bring to mind!
Aren’t you the barber from fifty-sixth street,
The girl from writing camp?
Or are you my senior from Boys’ Brigade,
Who helped me pitch my tent?
Your face it looks oh-so-familiar,
But it seems I can’t recall –
How nice how cheeky how open you are,
Or how dark, or how thin, or how tall!
Yet that smile you probably gave me,
Is imprinted in my brain,
Although in time – as my mind clutters,
That image may just grow faint!
So many people I’ve met around,
So much anonymous kindness I’ve got!
Here today I’m writing it down,
Lest one day they be forgot.
I still can’t remember where we met,
Or how each other we found.
But remind me if I see you again, and –
In the meantime, see you around!

No comments:
Post a Comment