Be-earlied Valentines Day
Dear Readers,
Chinese New Year - sadly - has come and gone, and work, events and practices pile into the daily schedule once more. Just before the dawn of the monstrous CCTs next week, our busy writer theokwek jams in a last-ditch (albeit early) effort to commemorate Singles' Awareness Day (or SAD) in his poem, Valentines. Here, he once again examines the relationships between man and his music. PLEASE NOTE: Inspiration is drawn from music and music alone.
The ST editor
VALENTINES
My Music and Me -
What an oddly-matched pair!
One a humble Mortal,
One a paradise Fair!
Yet there is something special
Between the two of us:
Could it be a devoted love?
Or is it priceless trust?
For She entrusts me with
Her Tunes and Rhythms;
That I, into them,
May breathe emotion.
Thus to her harmonies
Have I added meaning -
That together, we may
Capture memories fleeting
In turn, I entrust her with
A heavy-laden heart;
And pray that joy and peace
She will breathe and impart
Thus we have weathered
Hard Times and Good,
She bestowing me with
Her spiritual food.
Now the love between us,
You can hardly deny!
My music, my violin,
My Valentine.
What an oddly-matched pair!
One a humble Mortal,
One a paradise Fair!
Yet there is something special
Between the two of us:
Could it be a devoted love?
Or is it priceless trust?
For She entrusts me with
Her Tunes and Rhythms;
That I, into them,
May breathe emotion.
Thus to her harmonies
Have I added meaning -
That together, we may
Capture memories fleeting
In turn, I entrust her with
A heavy-laden heart;
And pray that joy and peace
She will breathe and impart
Thus we have weathered
Hard Times and Good,
She bestowing me with
Her spiritual food.
Now the love between us,
You can hardly deny!
My music, my violin,
My Valentine.

No comments:
Post a Comment