Monday, December 24, 2007

A Christmas Prayer

Dear Readers,

First and foremost, a blessed Christmas to all our readers. No matter where you are - away on holiday, working or studying overseas, or right here in Singapore, we wish you a merry Christmas. And, of course, a Happy New Year.

Second, we hope you enjoy this poem, brought to you by theokwek and all of us here at the Straight Times. His travel diary will continue shortly.

Jingle those Bells.
The Straight Times Editor

Christmas Prayer

It came upon a midnight clear
I said a little prayer
God in Heaven, Our Father dear
Thank you for all things fair

A year has passed beneath your hands
One of hope and faith and love
Not everything goes as we have planned
But it’s all from above

Very soon now, a new year dawns
Fear and danger lurk
Help me not the past to mourn
But the evil one to shirk

Give me Humility to learn and amend
From those you’ve put around me
Give me Courage to bring unto them
Your grace, so great and free

Show me how to use the gifts
You’ve so richly bestowed
Teach me how to heal the rifts
That pride and lies have sown

Now I end my prayer, dear Lord
And leave things in Your hands
For I know you are Sovereign God
And I can breathe a happy Amen

No comments: