Back from Sydney!
Dear Readers
Pardon the Straight Times for that unannounced hiatus, but even elusive characters like theokwek need a break sometimes. Anyway he's back from a week-long expedition to Sydney, Australia, and brought inspirations back with him.
Sydney is a wonderful place - and in the following entries, theokwek will describe the sights and sounds of this colourful city and its surroundings. We kick off with a poem about how the Creator is revealed in his creation - of which theokwek saw and evidenced on his trip.
The Straight Times Editor
Do you think that YOU
And I
Evolved from an ape?
Go
Drive up the Blue Mountains
Slip down to Port Stephens
Climb the cliffs
Scour the reefs
Kiss a furry kangaroo
Bathe in the mountains’ icy cool
Hear the kookaburras laughin’
Dip the waves with a dozen dolphins
And then think
There must have been One
Who
Earned the ‘roo his long jump record
For the beaches their corals installed
Gave the kookab’ra his voice
Chiselled the peaks to echo your noise
Planted the grin on the dolphin’s face
Whittled the canyons’ many caves
Bequeathed the seas their foamy chill
And the eucalyptus the koalas fill
Many things I know not, I’m clear
But one thing I’m mighty sure
That there was and still is
And forever will be
An Almighty Creator
And I
Evolved from an ape?
Go
Drive up the Blue Mountains
Slip down to Port Stephens
Climb the cliffs
Scour the reefs
Kiss a furry kangaroo
Bathe in the mountains’ icy cool
Hear the kookaburras laughin’
Dip the waves with a dozen dolphins
And then think
There must have been One
Who
Earned the ‘roo his long jump record
For the beaches their corals installed
Gave the kookab’ra his voice
Chiselled the peaks to echo your noise
Planted the grin on the dolphin’s face
Whittled the canyons’ many caves
Bequeathed the seas their foamy chill
And the eucalyptus the koalas fill
Many things I know not, I’m clear
But one thing I’m mighty sure
That there was and still is
And forever will be
An Almighty Creator

No comments:
Post a Comment