If my eyesight were to fail me
Dear Readers.
Poignantly inspired by a true story (himself), theokwek sends us a sad poem after a visit to the optician. you can ask him for the eye test result if you want - but i personally think it's clear enough in the poem below.
"I once was blind, but now I see"
The Sad Straight Times Editor
If my eyesight were to fail me
If my eyesight were to fail me,
Which it might, someday,
Then I wouldn’t be able to
Stay up late in my cozy room
Watching the starry skies
Or give my very best friends
All their deserved high fives
If my eyesight were to fail me,
Which it could, actually,
Then I wouldn’t be able to
Read those magnanimous words
That stem from creativity’s abode
Or interpret those jots on the five-lined staves
Into the tunes they really encode
If my eyesight were to fail me,
Which it can, any moment,
Then I wouldn’t be able to
Plunge deep in the seven rainbow oceans
Peeking at the coral display
Or hike to catch the sun rising
And feel her every ray
Which it might, someday,
Then I wouldn’t be able to
Stay up late in my cozy room
Watching the starry skies
Or give my very best friends
All their deserved high fives
If my eyesight were to fail me,
Which it could, actually,
Then I wouldn’t be able to
Read those magnanimous words
That stem from creativity’s abode
Or interpret those jots on the five-lined staves
Into the tunes they really encode
If my eyesight were to fail me,
Which it can, any moment,
Then I wouldn’t be able to
Plunge deep in the seven rainbow oceans
Peeking at the coral display
Or hike to catch the sun rising
And feel her every ray
If my eyesight were to fail me,
Which it will, soon enough,
Then I wouldn’t be able to
Laugh with the joy I had before of
Seeing a day’s hard work
Or weep with the agony I can already feel of
Seeing only the shadows’ lurk

No comments:
Post a Comment